Thousands of foreign tourists visit Turkey each year for a variety of reasons. Many of them come for summer tourism, some for education, and others for business. As a result, foreigners who want to travel from one place to another in Turkey must understand the concept of travel. Of course, there are numerous modes of transportation available between Turkish cities, including aeroplanes, high-speed trains, buses, and automobiles. In recent years, the concept of renting a car has become extremely popular in Turkey. Car rental is now available in all Turkish regions and airports. It is possible to discover a special and reasonable rate while hiring a car thanks to several mobile applications and websites. Here we’ll have you dive in how to rent a car in Turkey.
Foreigners can easily rent a car in Turkey, just like Turkish nationals. Nevertheless, those having a foreign driver’s license must follow certain processes in order to rent an automobile. They must follow these steps and pay attention to the terms of the contract they signed. Another crucial element to remember is that the contract must be written in English, which is an international language, regardless of the person’s nationality.
♦ 4 Days Trabzon Tour From Istanbul
Things You Must Know for Car Rental
- The foremost thing you must consider on the part of how to rent a car in Turkey is the contract in which the rental is made is written in English.
- A foreigner renting an automobile must be at least 21 years old.
- If you are renting an A, B, or F group car, you must have a valid driver’s license for at least one year.
- An entry stamp from the time you entered Turkey must be present in your passport.
- The last but not the least thing you must consider on the part of how to rent a car in Turkey is that you must have at least one credit card valid in Turkey for payment and deposit transactions.
While filling out your paperwork, make sure you follow all of the instructions and read the whole rental agreement. If you have any queries concerning the automobile rental process in Turkey, you should contact the firm where you intend to hire a car.
♦ 5 Days Turkey Tour – Istanbul Ephesus Pamukkale
Validity of Driving License in Turkey
To legally drive in Turkey, you must have a valid driver’s licence, as you are aware. For a maximum of 6 months, foreign nationals can drive in Turkey with their own driver’s licence. People staying in Turkey for more than 6 months must obtain a driver’s licence from the Republic of Turkey at the end of their stay.
Additional legal requests may be made by car rental firms and insurance companies. While some car rental firms accept English-language driver’s licences, others only accept licences from specific countries. It would be more appropriate to investigate and obtain information about the way the car will be rented by the company before travelling to Turkey.